Mini Crescent Dogs
2 cans (8 oz.) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent rolls
48 cocktail-size smoked link sausages or hot dogs (from two 14 oz. packages)
Heat oven to 375°F. Unroll both cans of the dough; separate into 16 triangles. Cut each triangle lengthwise into 3 narrow triangles.
Place sausage on shortest side of each triangle. Roll up each, starting at shortest side of triangle and rolling to opposite point; place point side down on 2 ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, switching position of cookie sheets halfway through baking. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
- Line flat baking sheets with parchment for easier clean up (reuse the parchment from batch to batch)
- Refrigerated dough likes to stay chilled, so work in batches, making the first 2 dozen crescent dogs (from one can of dough) before taking the second can out of the fridge.
- Flat baking sheets are better for baking doughs—the hot oven air will circulate more evenly around the crescent-wrapped dogs, activating their rise and making them an even golden brown.
- Give each dough-wrapped dog enough room to rise without bumping into each other.
- Create a little condiment bar for serving: set out small bowls of ketchup, chili sauce, your favorite mustard, even a creamy horseradish sauce. They all will complement the smokiness of the mini sausages or hot dogs.
For a printable version, click here: Mini Crescent Dogs
*recipe and photo provided by Pillsbury