Kids love classic, simple foods. Give them what they want, with a fun twist, for Halloween.
Opt for "better for you" hot dogs by trying Applegate's Organic Uncured 100% Beef Hot Dogs, made with 100% grass-fed, pasture-raised beef. No nitrates or nitrates added with a simple ingredient list, you can understand: Organic Grass-Fed Beef (Beef Never Administered Antibiotics, Added Hormones or Animal By-Products, Grass-Fed Beef), Water. Contains Less than 2% of the Following: Sea Salt, Organic Spices, Organic Dehydrated Garlic, Organic Dehydrated Onion, Organic Paprika, Celery Powder. Gluten-free and casein-free with no fillers.
Mummy Dogs, 7 servings
1 package Applegate Organic Beef Hot Dogs
6" flour tortillas
mustard (or ketchup)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cut tortillas into 3/4'' thick strips
3. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Warm tortilla strips in heated skillet until soft & pliable.
4. Wrap tortilla strips snuggly around each hot dog, leaving a 1/2″ near the top uncovered for the face. Continue wrapping the tortilla strip to cover the top of the “head”
5. Secure the tortilla strips with toothpicks.
6. Bake in preheated oven 7-8 minutes, until heated through.
7. Using the mustard, make 2 dots for eyes on the uncovered area of the tortilla wrapped hot dog.
Remove toothpicks just before serving your Halloween ghosts and goblins. Be sure to serve with a fruit and veggie for a balanced meal!
*Recipe and photo from our friends at Applegate
For a printable version of this recipe, click here: Mummy Dogs
Pin this recipe here: