Lemon Orzo Salad with filet of seared Salmon
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
- 1 1/2 cups orzo
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, fresh lemon zest
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup grape (multicolored) tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup mini cucumbers, sliced
- 1/4 cup basil ,chiffonade
- 2 tbsp feta cheese
- 1 filet of Salmon, 4-6 oz
- Cook pasta as you normally would, until it's al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine lemon juice, olive oil, lemon zest, water, salt, and pepper in a bowl and set aside. Then, slice the tomatoes, cucumber and basil and set aside.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain it, then transfer it to the bowl. Add lemon juice mixture, toss and let it set for 10 minutes. In that time, the pasta will soak up the lemon juice, olive oil and water, then it won't end up dry.
- At this time heat up a bit of oil in saute pan. When hot carefully add Salmon, presentation or face down. Let sear in pan for about 3-5 min. Flip and let sear again another 5 min until it is no longer translucent in middle.
- To pasta bowl add in the tomatoes, cucumber, basil, and feta cheese and stir to combine.
- Gently scoop about 1 cup into center of a plate and add filet of salmon on top. Garnish with lemon zest and some basil.
Calories: 365kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 249mg | Potassium: 275mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 456IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1mg