- 2 small sweet potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, sliced
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper for seasoning
- 4 salmon fillets (5-6 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced or grated, to your taste
- the zest + juice from 1 lime
- 2-3 cups kale, spinach or arugula, roughly torn
- 2-3 cups cooked quinoa or brown rice
- avocado, tortilla chips, feta cheese, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. On a baking sheet, add the peppers, onions, and sweet potatoes (add the jalapeno pepper you are using for sauce as well). Toss with olive oil and a dash of salt and Pepper. Place into the oven and cook for 20 minutes, or until veggies/potatoes are cooked through.
2. While veggies are cooking, put salmon on a plate, add the paprika, chili powder, fresh garlic and rub into each Salmon filet, sprinkle a dash of olive oil and rub into the salmon so that each filet is fully coated.
3. Take veggies from oven after 20 minutes and push to one side of the baking sheet and remove jalapeno. Add the salmon to the other side of the same pan. Allow to cook for another 10-20 minutes or until it bakes to desired temperature.
4. Make the sauce while the salmon is cooking. Take jalapeno and deseed if you like it less spicy, put jalapeno, yogurt, cilantro lime juice and a little salt and pepper into you blender. Blend until smooth.
5. To serve, divide rice/quinoa into bowls, place veggies, salmon, greens, potatoes in a bowl, squeeeze some lime juice over top and zest the lime too, add your sauce to the top, and enjoy!