Bacon-Wrapped Cheesy Chicken with Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Prep: 30 minutes Bake: 50 minutes Serves: 4
Nonstick cooking spray
8 slices Our Family® Bacon
4 Our Family® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 1½ pounds)
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped drained roasted red peppers
4 Our Family® Pepper Jack Cheese Sticks
1 pound Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved lengthwise
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375°; spray rimmed baking pan with cooking spray.
2. On second rimmed baking pan, place bacon in single layer and bake 10 minutes or until almost cooked through. Transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate to drain.
3. With sharp paring knife, cut each chicken breast horizontally in half, but do not cut all the way through, leaving about ¼ inch uncut. Open chicken breasts; lay flat between plastic wrap on work surface. With flat end of meat mallet, pound each breast to flatten to ¼-inch thickness; remove plastic wrap. Sprinkle chicken with ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper.
4. Leaving ½-inch border, top chicken breasts with roasted red peppers; place 1 cheese stick along short end of each chicken breast and roll chicken around filling to enclose. Wrap 2 slices bacon around each chicken breast and secure ends with toothpick; place, seam side down, on prepared pan.
5. In large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts, oil and remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper; add Brussels sprouts around chicken and bake 40 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°, bacon is crisp and Brussels sprouts are tender-crisp. Makes about 3 cups Brussels sprouts.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 chicken breast, ¾ cup Brussels sprouts): 414 Calories, 19g Fat (7g Saturated), 129mg Cholesterol, 892mg Sodium, 10g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 2g Sugars, 48g Protein
Serve with Our Family® White Cheddar Mac’ & Cheese for a complete meal.