View the new segment here: Pizza Lasagna Roll-Ups
Pizza Lasagna Rolls, 10 servings
For the Sauce:
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 of a medium yellow onion, diced small
28 ounce can Natural Diced Tomatoes
3 ounces tomato paste
2 teaspoon fresh basil
1 teaspoon fresh oregano
1/2 teaspoon sugar
pinch of red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
For the Lasagna Rolls
10 traditional lasagna noodles, cooked, drained and rinsed with cold water
2 cups of the pizza sauce you prepared
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 and 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
2 cups Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 ounces turkey pepperoni (50-60 slices) 70% less fat
For the Sauce:
1. In a large pan over medium-low heat, heat the butter and olive oil until the butter is melted. Add the garlic and onion and saute until tender, about five minutes. Stir in Tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano, sugar, and red pepper flakes. Bring the sauce to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Place a cover on the pan.
2. Simmer for 15 minutes. Cool slightly. Store in fridge unless using immediately.
For the Lasagna Rolls:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook noodles according to directions on package -- once cooked, drain and rinse with cold water and lay out on sheets of wax paper so they don't stick together.
2. Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and spread 1/2 cup of pizza sauce into the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, prepare filling in a large bowl by mixing beaten egg, ricotta cheese, 1 cup 1/2 mozzarella, 1/2 cup grated KRAFT Parmesan cheese, parsley and pepper until well combined.
4. To prepare lasagna rolls, lay out one lasagna noodle and spread it with about 2-3 tablespoons of cheese filling. Lay out 5-6 pepperoni on top of cheese filling. Roll up each noodle starting at one of the short ends. Place in prepared baking dish, seam side down. Repeat until all noodles have been filed and rolled. Pour 1 and 1/2 cups pizza sauce over the rolls and top with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
5. Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 45-50 minutes (remove foil for last 10-15 minutes) or until hot and cheese is melted. Let stand about 10 minutes prior to serving.
For a printable version of this recipe, click here: Pizza Lasagna Rolls
Pin this recipe here: